Questions About DJ's

• Who will be my DJ???
With Jim Reary’s Mobile Entertainment there is only one, Jim Reary, the owner; therefore you will get the extra effort that you can not get with an employee from another company.
• Will I meet the DJ who will be entertaining at my event before making a decision???
Yes, an appointment will be arranged for a meeting at a convenient location.
• Do I charge for travel or set-up???
There is no charge for either set-up or tear-down except in extreme circumstances and there also is no charge for travel unless the venue is more than 50 miles from downtown Charlotte.
• If my party runs later, can you stay longer???
I love a good party, so in most cases would be happy to stay. If you are having an afternoon event, please schedule enough time when you sign the Reservation form because I may have an evening event scheduled and we would hate to end your event prematurely.
• When will I arrive the day of your event???
I arrive approximately two hours prior to our scheduled start time. If you schedule the light show, I will arrive approximately two hours and forty-five minutes prior to our scheduled start time.
• Do I take breaks???
No!!! You will have continuous music from the scheduled start time until the event ends.
• We have never planned an events like this before. Will you help us set an itinerary for the day???
Three to four weeks prior to your event, we can get together for a consultation and work out all the details regarding the order of events and music planning.
• Should we include you in our count for a meal???
Although it is not required, a meal would be greatly appreciated. I put in about eight to ten hours usually for a four hour event.
• Do you have lighting available???
Yes, lighting is available. The light show will be displayed on a ten foot truss, consisting of up to fifteen flashing, blinking, and rotating computerized lights. Additional set-up space must be made available for the set-up. My Performance Fee does not include the cost for lights unless you schedule them. Make sure you’re not paying for something that’s not being used at your event.
• Do you have backup equipment???
Yes, I carry additional back-up capabilities for each of the major components in the sound system.
• If something happened to my DJ, who would entertain at my function???
It would take a major disaster to keep me from entertaining. In the past twenty years of entertaining, I have never missed an event. But should this occur, I have experienced personnel who could be called in as backups.
• If I want a song that you do not have, can I loan you my copy???
If your music requests are received by me with enough lead time, an all out effort is made by me to purchase your requests to be played at your event. Should this not be possible, I certainly would be glad to play your compact disc or cassette tapes.
• What types of music can you play???
I carry approximately 40,000 titles of music, therefore any type of music is there for the asking.
• Can I make a list of songs I want Played???
Yes! I encourage it. I do not recommend you format the music ahead of time, because there is no way to know what direction a party will take.
• Is your equipment of professional quality???
There is a difference between home audio and professional road-worthy equipment. The equipment I use is built to go on the road each and every day!
• Will you dress appropriately at my affair???
It is important that your entertainer look the part by dressing formal or semi-formal, according to your preference. Themed events and picnics require different attire.
• Will you play the music at an appropriate level???
The biggest concern voiced by prospective clients is the volume level of the music. I will keep the volume at an level appropriate for the quests, especially during cocktails and the dinner hour.
• Do you do more than just play music at the affair???
Most affairs involve more than playing music. That is why I play the music, handle all the announcements and help to coordinate the affair.
• Will you listen to my concerns and input???
I can’t possibly know every aspect of music and entertainment; therefore your input and suggestions are welcome.